Sunday, January 29, 2012

Kites

It's sunday so no school for anyone today. The sky is full of kites and lots of kite fights. Everyone is getting ready for the big national kite festival on February 28. Kites are cheap here, starting at five cents but a good fighter might cost as much as a buck. The kids are on all the roof tops everywhere, screaming and yelling as they loose or win kites.

I had a great lunch today. About a kilometer away there is a chicken restaurant. In the back of the building are the live chickens. By the time the reach the front of the building they're not really that live anymore, but they are delicious. One can order full meals or what they call snacks, one piece. So today I had one piece of tandori chicken, one chicken seek kabob, and a kabob roll finished with a soda. I spent $2 today for my lunch. The sauce that came with each was one of the best I've ever had. I have no idea what is in it but I know there is lime and it's hot. Very hot. And very good. I was sweating bullets and still couldn't get enough of it.

I'm taking the rest of the day off today, just going to lay around and do nothing. Went for one walk already, maybe another tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment